Confidence Issues?

11:01
Hey Everyone,
 
So as some of you may or may not already know if you've read a lot of my posts, I can safely say I have confidence issues... I doubt myself, my abilities and my social skills- all of which I seem to be the only one who has these problems.
 Please tell me I'm not!
 
 
As teenage girls we are expected to be perfect, look perfect and know how to act perfect but does anyone actually know what 'perfect' is?
I don't think I do and if I did I don't think that I would be it!
 
You see I've had people say nasty things about me in the past and I'm not going to lie they made me sad and hurt...
It made what little confidence I had get worse....
I often thought do I need to change me?
The answer was no I didn't...
You see I spent years trying to fit in with the crowd but it wasn't until about 2 years ago now that I realised I didn't need to fit in anymore!
Being different to others is a good thing- we wouldn't all want to be the same!!!!
 
 So over the years I have gradually gained some confidence in myself and I can now say that I can handle most situations that I am in....
Ok maybe not as well as those girls who just seem to sail through life without doing anything stupid.
But in my own little way I get through...
 
I have picked up tips to help my feel more confident in situations and I would like to share them with you guys. As I know (well hope) that I'm not the only girl in the world with confidence issues and I won't be the last but I think if I could just help some of you guys to overcome your confidence issues then that would be great!
 
So below are my top 5 gaining confidence tips...
 
1. Firstly take a good, long look in the mirror at yourself... What do you see? Ignore the negatives about yourself because you don't need to focus on them! Look for the positives and write them down on your phone, in a notepad/ diary or just anyway.... then whenever your feeling low and down about yourself I want you to read them!
 
2. Take small steps not big ones (I don't mean walking) maybe you feel uncomfortable in a big crowd or don't like to be the centre of attention then gradually push yourself by getting involved in activities/ clubs.... only ever do what you feel comfortable doing.... If clubs aren't your thing then start focusing on what you love to do and make time for it.... doing what you love can help to make you feel better about yourself!
 
3. Learn to love yourself. I'm not saying you have to say 'I love you' to yourself but I mean be happy with who you are! Always remember to be yourself, as I didn't always act like myself  as I felt I needed to put on a 'act' but it was only when I did act like myself that I realised people liked me more!
 
4. Surround yourself by those who make you feel happy whether it's your family, friends or even your pets, you shouldn't have people in your life who make you feel bad about yourself. So if someone is being nasty and especially horrible to you whether it's verbally, online or physically then you need to tell someone! Whether it's a friend, parent or teacher NEVER feel ashamed to tell people what is worrying you. When people were nasty to me I kept it to myself initially and it was probably the worst thing I could have done, I couldn't sleep, eat and the thought of going school and seeing them really scared me. In the end I broke down in tears to a friend on my bus one morning and she took me straight to a teacher who sorted everything!
 
5. Finally remember to hold you head upright, shoulders back and show people that your proud of who you are. This sounds silly but honestly if you look confident then you most likely are going to be confident.... Never be ashamed to show people who you really are!
 
 
So that's all folks...
 
I know this post was very deep but I just felt it needed to be done- if it helped just one of you guys then I would be happy! If you guys feel confident enough to share how it helped you in the comments then I'd love to hear it.... or maybe you just want a chat then I'm up for that too!
Don't suffer from confidence issues in silence!
 
I promise next blog post will be more cheery :-)
 
Talk soon friends.
X
 
 
 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.