It's June Favourites Time!

06:56

Hey Everyone,

As promised I am back writing another blog post that hopefully (fingers crossed) you guys will enjoy... as it's been a while I thought it would be only appropriate to do a 'favourites' post as I love doing these sort of reflection blog posts to see what I've been loving over the past month- do you know what I mean?

So its July... Already???
I honestly feel like I blinked and June was over- I can't believe we're over half way through the year already- it will be Christmas before we know it.

This month I have definitely been loving quite a lot of products- I don't know why but I just feel that lately I have been a lot more experimental with my makeup and style which is a good thing I guess. So what I'm saying is that there will be quite a range of products featured below which will hopefully appeal to all of you.

Firstly I've been obsessed with...
Primark shoes, these were only £3.
Yes you did just read that right... these shoes were only £3 which in my eyes is a total bargain and not only that but they literally feel like slippers when I put them on. Comfort and style equals a winner for me. I would definitely recommend Primark shoes to you all- I don't know how long these will last but to be honest for £3 I'm not going to be complaining if they fall apart in a couple of months but hopefully they'll last longer! I also love the acid washed denim look- perfect for summer!!!
 
Next up...
Silver clutch bag from BHS, £12.
I actually got this bag for £9.60 as it was on reduction when I went town last week with one of my friends but even if it had of been £12 (the price before the reduction) I would have still brought it because it is literally what I wanted. As you guys may not know but I had my Year 13 Prom last Friday night and I went for the royal blue and silver colour scheme. So I need a relatively cheap silver clutch bag that was big enough for my phone, purse and other essentials... I'd almost given up hope when my friend said 'oh I need to go into BHS' so I thought while we were there I might as well look at the bags and I'm so glad I did. I don't usually shop in BHS but I am a strong believer in giving credit where it is due and BHS definitely deserves credit for this bag.

Next up...
Silver Nail Varnish from Topshop, £6.
I know what you guys are thinking, 'did she want a silver nail varnish for her prom?' and the answer is well yes I did want one but I actually had seen this in a magazine and thought 'oh I like that colour' so I'd brought it several months ago but hadn't had chance to use it. So when prom came around, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. This nail varnish is really nice, I love the colour and the consistency although I did find it took a while to dry but I had put quite a few layers on so that's probably why. Also I don't know if you guys have this problem but I tend to find that my nail varnish gets chipped quite easily but this lasts quite a while. So I would recommend if you guys have the chipped nail issue then give Topshop nail varnishes a go!
 
Next up...
Mac.
I have only recently just started using Mac products and I honestly wish I had started using them  earlier. Firstly I brought myself a Mac lipstick in the shade 'Girl about town' because I loved the vibrant pink shade- this lasted a really long time and the colour survived whilst I was eating which is always a bonus. So as I loved the lipstick so much I went back to the Mac counter and gave the Mac 'Dazzleglass' lipgloss a go- this was a really nice quite natural colour but the reason I loved it so much was that it was all glittery and you can never have too much glitter in your life. This also lasted a long time- the only thing I would say I didn't like about it was that it was quite sticky when I put it on.
 
Next up...
Primark Jewellery.
Now I can see the common theme occurring which means that by now you guys will be able to guess that I love Primark- honestly it's just one of my favourite shops, I love how affordable yet on trend the fashions in there are. But even I go through phases with their jewellery because sometimes I can really love it yet other times I'm just like no. But I saw these two necklaces above and knew I had to have them... I love how they are quite a statement but not too in your face and I think they would look great this season because they would tie in with the festival trend. As I would say that they are quite festivally (Is that a word?), I can't remember how much they were but I think one was £2 and the other was £3.50 so again a total bargain.
 
Next up...
Real Techniques Makeup Brushes.
I kind of feel a bit late to the party with these as I heard so many people talking about how amazing these brushes were so I thought I'd try them for myself. You guys should be pleased to know that I totally agree with you- they are amazing. They blend so well and they are so soft on my skin- it's like just by using them you get the skills of a makeup artist. I can't fault them!
 
Next up...
Color Tattoo 24hr in the shade 'On and On Bronze'.
This eyeshadow is great! I heard about it on a TV show as the makeup artist on there had really recommended these eyeshadows so as I was in my experimental period with makeup, I thought 'why not just give them a go'. I chose the shade 'On and on bronze' as I wanted a gold eyeshadow as I'd heard Zoella say that gold tones can really bring out blue eyes. When I put it on she wasn't wrong... my eye colour stood out really well (as I have blue eyes). The eyeshadow is a lovely creamy texture and really smooth on your eyelid- you can wear it on it's own or blend it with a darker colour to create more of a smoky eye.  
 
Next Up...
Crystal Hair Grips.
Again I used these for my prom on Friday as I felt they added a bit of glamour to my hair and made it look more glam. I can't really remember where I got these from but I remember my hairdresser recommending them to me for my Year 9 prom. So I've had them quite a while now but I'd forgotten that I'd got them. They were a bit fiddly to put in my hair as I had to twist them in and they got tangled but once I'd got the hang of it they were great and I definitely won't be forgetting about them again any time soon.  
 
Finally...
Silver Heels from New Look, £19.99 (I think).
Now anyone who knows me will know I have a bit of an obsession with shoes but not only that I always like to find a bit unusual and quirky shoes and I think you can have a lot of fun with the shoes you wear. So I wanted these silver shoes for prom and for taking on holiday for night time. I found these in New Look and I fell instantly in love with them. I'm not gonna lie they did hurt my feet but I think that was because I'm not really use to heels. I'm more of flats sort of girl (which isn't good as I'm short). But these look and felt great (until they started to hurt) and they helped me to have one of the best nights ever dancing away with my friends.
 
 
So that's all folks...
 
I hoped you liked today's post- sorry it was kind of long but I just had so many June favourites that I needed to tell you guys about. Let me know what you thought of this post and the products featured in it in the comments below. I'd love to hear any of your opinions on these products or if you have any other products you would recommend.
 
I'm thinking of doing a Summer makeup essentials post next week- so let me know if this is what you guys want.
This upcoming week is going to be quite eventful as it's my 18th Birthday (Yay) so if you guys want then I could do a blog post about my 18th celebrations. Let me know anyway.
 
Have a good week guys and I'll see you next Tuesday.
Talk soon friends
X
 
 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.