JANUARY FAVOURITES!

06:36
Hey Everyone,
 
I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while, January literally flew by- I feel I blinked and it was gone. To be honest though I'm not sorry that January is over as February means 'PANCAKE DAY!' one of the best days of the year besides Christmas (obviously). But now February is here I'm beginning to look forward to Spring- I don't know about you guys but I'm not a fan of the cold... unless it comes in the form of a snow day then it can be cold all year long.
 
So anyway (sorry for babbling on) today I'm going to do my 'January Favourites' I hoping to do this monthly from now on because I kind of felt that when I did my 'Current Beauty Favourites' a while ago I got a good reaction from you guys for it. Anyway I hope you like it.... Enjoy x
(All the pictures used are my own)
 
Firstly.... Haircare
Lee Stafford 'Here come the Curls' Shampoo and Conditioner
Now I got these products in a goody bag from the 'Clothes Show Live 2014', I had never really used any of Lee Stafford product's before now. But OMG this product is literally amazing! Don't be put off by the name 'Here come the curls' as I don't have curly hair but it still works great. It smells absolutely gorgeous and leaves my hair feeling smooth, soft and silky. I literally don't think I could recommend this product any more.
 
Second.... Skincare
Simple 'Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash'
This is another product that I am currently in love with. I didn't use a face wash up until about 9 months ago now when I noticed my complexion wasn't very clear and I was getting a lot of spots. I saw this product in a YouTube video and I thought 'oh I'll try it'. I use this daily and it feels really cleansing on your skin and it leaves it feeling super soft. I generally can't put into words how much I've noticed it's helped my skin as my complexion is a lot clearer and my spots have mostly cleared up. The only thing I would say is don't expect results over night as I didn't really notice the change in my skin until I'd been using it for about a month.
 
Third... Lips
Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in the colour 'LA Exclusive'
I know I've talked about this product before in my 'Top 5 Current Beauty Favourites' post but as I said in that I wanted a more summery colour in this range, so I went back to Boots and brought another. This colour is exactly what I wanted as it's a lovely Spring/ Summer colour... it is quite pinky but that's what I like about it. As you guys may or may not know this product is a cross between a lipstick and a lipgloss but I think that's what I like about it as it's not as drying as a lipstick nor is it as sticky as some lipglosses can be either.
 
Fourth... Face Masks
 Superdrug's 'Chocolate Orange Self-Heating Mask'
I'd been wanting to try a self-heating face mask for a while now but to be honest I just haven't really had time, so last week I did a pamper evening where I put this product to the test. I tested it on the back of my hand first as I didn't want to have an allergic reaction to my face (it wouldn't be a good look). When it went on it was warm but not really hot liked I'd expected it to be and it smelt exactly like a melted 'Terry's Chocolate Orange' which was lush. It made my skin feel clear and it felt like it had the toxins removed so it felt fresh- which was what I wanted. The only downside I would say it has is that I always find that there is too much in the packet so perhaps if you guys try this then maybe do a pamper session with your friends or your mum so you don't need to chuck any away.


Fifth... Hairspray  
 Aussie 'Miracle Hairspray Shine + Hold'
 My mum brought me this as a stocking filler for Christmas after we'd heard about it on TV. This product smells gorgeous with a hint of a bubble-gum scent and the smell seems to last all day which is great. Plus I got lots of compliments on the smell of my hair too which was nice too. It makes my hair shiny but it holds my style without being too harsh on my hair. I think this is definitely my go to hairspray, you guys should definitely try it.
 
Sixth... Nail Vanish
Ted Baker Nail Set
My friend brought this set for me for Christmas as she knows I do love my nails. I tried the 'black and the sparkly silver one', they were very smooth to apply and look great with the black on first then the sparkly one on top. I can't wait to try the other colours in the set too. I'm thinking the gold and pink might look good together... what do you guys think?
 
 Seventh... Makeup Brushes
 No7 Concealer Brush
So I needed a new concealer brush as my old one wasn't very good, I looked at the 'Real Techniques' brushes first but they didn't have the brush I wanted so my mum was like 'why don't you try No7 one instead'  so I did. I wasn't really expecting too much as I didn't even know No7 did makeup brushes but I love it. Its soft to touch, smooth on skin and conceals my spots well.  I think another trip to Boots for more of these brushes is needed.
 
Eighth... Books
'Make Up' by Michelle Phan
 I hadn't really heard much about Michelle Phan before I brought this book - I mean I knew she was a YouTuber but I have never watched any of her videos. Yet I was scrolling through Amazon and it came up, I clicked on it and thought 'Why not'....I literally read this book in about a week and I already feel like I've learnt so much more about makeup that I didn't even know. This book is a girl's best friend- it has everything you need to know about makeup and about Michelle too. Once I'd read this book, I logged straight onto YouTube and subscribed to her channel and I'm sure you guys will too if you haven't already.
 
 'Girl Online by Zoe Sugg'
 This was a very highly anticipated book. I, like many of you I'm sure love Zoella and find her so inspirational so I was counting down the days till this book came out. I was not disappointed. To be honest it was what I was expecting from Zoella as I thought she might do more of a makeup guide however the story gripped me from beginning to the end. I can't wait for the sequel. I won't give away any spoilers in case any of you haven't read it yet but I would highly recommend you do, honestly it will be one of the best books you'll ever buy!
 
Ninth...Perfume  
 Ghost Eclipse
 I've been loving this perfume at the moment especially for the evening and going out. It's more of a spring/ summer scent however I don't think I could have got through January without it. I can't really describe the smell but there is something about it that I just love and I'm sure you guys will too. This will be staying a favourite for a while I think.
 
 
Tenth...Candles

 Yankee Candle in Rainwashed Berry
 Ok so I've become a little bit obsessed with candles at the minute. Especially Yankee candles- I just don't think there is any other candle quite like them. I had quite a few festive scented ones over the Christmas period but once we hit January I just thought that they would make me sad as Christmas is over now for another year. So I hit the shops in search of a new scent for my room and came across this one. 'Rainwashed Berry' smells exactly like it sounds, (like berries which have been in the rain) I just love the freshness of this candle as I don't know whether you guys find this too but I love the fresh smell in the air after we have had lots of rain. This candle literally sums up that scent for me.
 
So that all folks....(*mini Disney moment)
 
I hope you all enjoyed this post. I'd love to hear what you thought it and if you'd like me to do more posts like this then leave you comments below. Also I'd love to know if any of you try any of the 'favourites' featured or if you guys want to share any of your 'January Favourites' that I or other readers could try then leave them also in the comments too. I can't wait to hear them.
 
Talk Soon
 
 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.