Got a bad case of the January Blues?

09:52
Hello again everyone,
 
I thought I'd do something a bit different today as you can see from the title, I'm going to do a post on that January blues feeling and ways to help us all get over it, so I hope you all like it and feel free to comment your thoughts below.
 
Now we all know that January feeling- I am definitely no stranger to it, as I always feel that January is one of the most depressing and longest months of the year even though it's the same length as the other months. Do any of you guys feel like that too? All I know is that after all the excitement of Christmas and New Year, January always feels like a dramatic come down in mood. As it's always the month where I certainly tend to give up on my New Year's resolutions only 2 weeks in (I don't know if it's like that for you guys too?), although I am determined to not do that this year as some of you will know if you've read my other blog posts.
 
I mean I love the winter months as I always love the way everything looks so pretty in frost and snow- that has to be one of my most favourite scenery ever, although saying that now the idea of a beach on a hot summer's day doesn't seem unappealing either. So it would be an understatement if I were to say that January is one of the greyist months of the year...is greyist even a word?
 
So it's fair to say I'm suffering from the January blues and if it you guys are too then there are some tips that definitely help me to overcome this time of year so hopefully they'll help you too. If you not suffering from the January blues then lucky you and maybe these tips would good to try when you want to relax as well.
 
My tips...
1.       Try a nice relaxing bubble bath- I am loving Zoella’s Soak Opera at the minute available from Superdrug stores as I find it has a really calming scent to it and it just really relaxes me especially with a Lush bath bomb too.
2.       Dare I say it you could also try exercising as it does actually take your mind off things plus it can be fun to do especially with your friends!
3.       You could go on a shopping trip with friends…. I personally find this really helps- it definitely makes my purse lighter J
4.       I always find it fun to do a makeover on myself or others as it can be really fun if you’re doing it as a laugh or you may actually find a new look that really works for you which you can show off in 2015!
5.       One of the things that I always do when I’m feeling down is play with my dog, because she’s so funny in a monkey kind of way but she always manages to put a smile on my face and I literally love her to pieces!
6.       I read recently in a magazine that if you have any worries then you are supposed to write them down on a bit of paper then screw it up and throw it in a bin to get rid of the worry. I actually laughed at this when I first read it but then I tried it and it really works plus it gives you a great feeling to just throw the worry away (literally).
7.       Or you could try watching your favourite movie, mine at the minute is Frozen (I can literally re-act the film, I’ve seen it that many times) *starts singing “Let it go, Let it go….” It’s just a great song/ movie- I love it all, what do you guys think?
8.       Finally you could try a good old sweet treat such as chocolate (my personal favourite)
So I hope these help you guys in some way to get through dreary January and helps you to look ahead to spring. If you guys try any other these then I would love to know how you get on or if you have any better tips then I’d love to know them, so I’d be grateful if you commented below. Keep checking my blog as I will be doing a 2015 spring fashion trends in the upcoming weeks or maybe if you like my blog then you could even follow it. I’d love to hear what you guys think or if there is anything in particular you would like me to blog about then please leave it in the comments below.
Talk soon
x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.